These are a few of my favorite things


"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference."

It's easy to get down on myself, taking on the mentality I have in some way failed. Truth be told, I am proud of myself for being brave and trying to change a situation I believed I could control. I'm proud that I could see past the potential for heartache and tried to do something I thought could make me happy. I wish I could say that I was successful and didn't end up in pain after all. But I guess, in wanting so badly, I forgot that things simply cannot be in my control when another party is involved. 

I tried my best, though, and I have to believe that counts for something. 

I would like to say I had a good day and, to an extent, I did. I laughed a lot and worked just hard enough to feel accomplished. But I still have lot on my emotional plate I have to move on from. There's still this undercurrent of melancholy inside threatening to drag me down. 

I need a pick-me-up. Let's see if Julie Andrews knew what she was talking about. In no particular order, things that I love and that I am grateful for:
  • Coffee
  • Conversation
  • Laughing
  • Singing
  • My phone full of music
  • Reading
  • Harry Potter
  • Drinking
  • White wine
  • Eating
  • youTube
  • T-Rexs 
  • Sausage
  • Sex
  • Kissing
  • Men's scruffy faces
  • Cooking
  • Baking
  • Thunder storms
  • Sex during thunder storms
  • Shoes
  • Magazines
  • Gem stone jewelry
  • Letters (real ones, not that e-mail shit.)
  • Movies
  • LOTR
  • Mountains
  • Kaslo
  • Colors
  • Red Velvet anything
  • Photography
  • Silver
  • Organizing
  • Sisters
  • Men (when they're behaving.)
  • Ladies (when they're nice to look at)
  • Tits ('cause, hey, they're fun)
  • Camping
  • Swimming
  • Pizza
  • Pasta
  • Dark Chocolate
  • Art Galleries
  • Concerts
  • Road trips
  • S'mores
  • Peacock feathers
  • Owls
  • Tattoos
  • Trees
  • Gerber Daisies
  • Pianos
  • Lakes
  • Swear words
  • Graphic t-shirts
  • Slumber parties
  • Restful sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment